eradication n : the complete destruction of every trace of something [syn: obliteration]
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
- The act of plucking up by the roots; a rooting out; extirpation; utter destruction.
- The state of being plucked up by the roots.
wikt eradication Eradication is the elimination or destruction of a thing or group.
Eradication may also refer to:
- Genocide, the deliberate, systematic destruction of an ethnic, religious or national group of people
- Eradication of infectious diseases, a public health effort
- Intentional local extinction, or extirpation, of an introduced species
- Intentional extermination of a population of insects or vermin as part of pest control